Pillows and bolsters are used to ensure the mother-to-be is as comfortable as possible. Alternatively, there is the option to lie face-down with our specially designed BodyCushion System. Women up to 40 weeks pregnant have been able to lay face-down comfortably using this system!
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage:
- reduces anxiety,
- decrease symptoms of depression,
- relieve muscle aches and joint pains,
- improves labor outcomes and newborn health,
- improvement of nerve pain (including sciatic pain),
- reduction of swelling,
- hormone regulation,
- reduced headaches.
Pregnancy Massage PrecautionsWomen who have recently experienced bleeding, pre-term contractions, or have any of the following conditions should speak with a health care provider prior to receiving a massage:
- High risk pregnancy
- Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH)
- Previous pre-term labor
- Experiencing severe swelling, high blood pressure, or sudden, severe headaches
- Recently gave birth